2011年11月11日 星期五

The road not taken-medicine and Me

I will tell you this with a sigh of relief
Somewhere ages and ages, therefore,
Two roads were in the wood, and I-
I took the one less travelled,
And that made all the difference.

Robert Frost.

This poem in high school, you have learned. And it was my favorite. It was not a cheesy, boring and predictable. Is sad. It made me think. And, above all, all of the words appeared to come from his own mouth. Reading each sentence, each word of each verse, has led me to understand how life is information that we can make decisions and choices, we have (or had).

I wrote a note on Facebook that I have done on choices, when medical science chose my course of study in the field. I have written, that the Note is not just because I'm sick and tired of the life of doctors is, in other words, the people who wrote the Note, because I have been personally having doubts as to why I have selected. It was a little self-justification.

If some random person of me, why choose the medicine, I would like a response to the cliche-ly "Because you wanna help the people". This is true. Well, in part, in any case.

Honest reply. I do not know. (I) you do not want to do Engineering, law and Arts. Mainly, because I suck Physics, history and art. So the scientific disciplines that sounds good.

I wanted to, you've never done before in medicine. The fact is. ..

Before to make a career in medicine scholarship we had exposure to (a). The main reason is to see whether we can handle that. For any other reason, might be what you do not scare us, inspire us.

So my hospital at Putrajaya. When I look back on it now, it was a poor choice of exposure because the hospital was too clean, effective, and too good to be true too. The hospital was nice, and that is incorrect, because the image that the life of a doctor is easy and stress free. It is not.

So I was there every time I was just playing, I'm there, I am passionate about it coz of the people asking, I'm all. like "cuts I like Yeahh! It may be your own blood pumping! Hoyeahh! '.

Even though deep down I like the ... Why even here?

First in my group, and went to the Orthopedic ward. And as we had a listen to some ranting, and how difficult it is, how we should quit now, but when we got the opportunity to use my eyes, the doctor spent his patients in the room. See the old people have weak knees, how do they just sit and wait ... and wait. Other room on the top of this help him walk the patient to farmers of the nurses. Are all of the people here looked sad, or was just for me?

Then the door proved to be the entrance to my attention to the old man was transported, gurney. He was an older, possibly 70-ish, and doctors had brought the bed in her room. I looked at the old man. He took me. He was in the NIB, but then, he tried to rise. He made eye contact with me and then he waved to me. He is smiling and waving to me, like he knew me for the longest period of time. His eyes brightened. He was satisfied with.

Theory, he was wrong to me, maybe one of his sons or grandsons. It made me sad. The old man might not have had the right end. But if you make someone happy with my presence, may be unable to do more with the medicine. Well I took that as a sign.

On the second day we went to see how everything works in the sub-areas. Each of us has been set up in different rooms. I got the pediatric ward. So by the Chair, next to the doctor as we waited in the patient.

Malay, the doctor asked, "so, you wanna be a doctor, huh? The good you're in. How is the SPM result? "I told Her, and she replied" Oh my, that is good! That does not make me very well. But I hope u know that a doctor more than just being Smart. " I smiled. Just could not agree more.

The patient came to. He was accompanied by his mother, 12-year-old boy. Please, he was having problems with his liver. I'm not quite sure, but is quite serious. So serious, in fact, he is forced to check his urine daily. His mother would make some of the test, on their own at home may be able to verify the presence of the protein or something in his urine. He received the loads to take oral pills. He had made a number of treatments, including if they do electric manufactures the computer with the power to him. None, who had worked for. He said it was painful. I believed him. His eyes, that they will not be able to see it.

He is thin, but due to the disease, he may, in some weight. He was not allowed to be active, i.e., he cannot play football with his Friends. He wanted to go kite boarding school, but he is not working properly, his holding.

At the same time, he was silent. I smiled encouragingly for him. I said "good luck for the UPSR". He smiled back, unfortunately. I do not think that he wanted to hear. If only I could ' Hello ', can be corrected. Maybe that would make his day. If you only had a doctor.

Then there is this woman, who only gave the baby about a month back, and he was diagnosed with cancer. I've never felt so everything.

But with the medicine, I can personally, the opportunity to say "I can make u better" and mean it.

The money will be made to the medicine. Not for Dr. title. And certainly will not be able to make my parents proud.

I have made it a little boy. The old man. The Woman.

It is not simply, as can be. It is not because I am a smart tags. It is not, therefore, to make the correct things.

I did it, because if I have to pick up someone's pain and see the smile on their face, while the hurt go away, then there is no other contact. I am ready.

Even with all that, I still think about how different my life would be in if I have chosen medicine. Do not take the road is always in the spirit that haunt me Nights. But as long as I know, that the road that I am taking you for a ride, you can smile and say, that the life-"I'm afraid of you".

沒有留言:

張貼留言