2011年12月3日 星期六

Please Forgive Me

This morning I was thinking about the power of second chances. I know all well how fortunate one is to have a second chance at something in life. Everyday, I wake-up and thank God for another day and then I go about my business. To be honest, most days I forget that without a second or maybe even a third or fourth chance, I would not be writing this blog.


So, this morning, I stopped and added that to my prayer for the day, I said, God, thank you for the second chance to prove to the world that I am here to make a difference. I then got myself together and went about my daily routine. A moment later something nudged me and made me think, I said, God is not the only one who allows for second chances, I myself have that power as well.


That's when I realized that everyday, many people are looking to make amends for their wrongs. If I am to be a true believer in second chances then it would be only fair to allow them to have a "do-over" as well. This apply's to parenting, friendships or relationships, it is important to be willing to open yourself up to the forgiveness of others.


Many times we forget from where we came. Once we get our "do-over" we just act as though we deserved it all along and forget that it is a second chance. Take a moment today and ask yourself if you have been particularly hard on someone who is trying to make amends. Be careful to not forget that we all deserve a chance and that while it may seem difficult, it is the right thing to do.


When it comes to parenting, it can be very difficult to trust our children again, once they have fallen. But we must extend the hand and offer another chance. When God gives us another opportunity to be who we really are, it is our duty to extend that same forgiveness to our children.


In relationships and friendships, it is a must to do as we would like done unto us. Don't be selfish. Be very aware that we are all human and that we all fall short at times. Take the time to hear with both ears the amends of others and promptly forgive them. In the end, you will have fulfilled the contract that comes with being forgiven yourself. If we get too full of ourselves and believe that we deserve a second chance, in time it will be taken away from us and we must start all over again.


When someone says I'm sorry, take the time to say, "you are forgiven". The choice is within.


Brian Patrick Lewis, is a trained Chef, Author and Speaker. His new book, "in the weeds, landscape of a chefs life" can be found at http://brianpatricklewis.com/

沒有留言:

張貼留言